Another Step in the Jewelry Book Process

Blogged under Publications from Moi by Tammy on Friday 19 November 2010 at 8:50 am

The FEDEX guy delivered my advanced copy of The Complete Photo Guide to Jewelry Making late yesterday afternoon. This means I am one step closer to the end of the book process and will soon, maybe in about a month, see the book in bookstores. It also means those who have ordered copies through Amazon will finally get their copies as well very, very soon! Yeah!

At this stage, I now have to review the copy for any minor (hopefully) errors. Then I make a list of them and send them back to the publisher to correct before any reprint orders are filled. I did a general flip through last night, and I think it looks great. I’m very happy with the huge number of photos, and the gallery section, which turned out to be problematic at one point, looks awesome, thanks to many jewelry making designers who stepped up and helped me out with it.

It won’t be long now before I will announce the official release!

1. Comment by Lori Anderson — November 19, 2010 @ 5:34 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! That’s huge!

2. Comment by Andrew Thornton — November 19, 2010 @ 11:53 pm

Congratulations! I can’t wait to see it! I’m sure it’s beautiful! Thanks so much for including some of my work. I feel so honored to be apart of something so amazing as this! I hope you’re enjoying the moment of holding your book in your hands. What a marvelous feeling!

3. Comment by Eileen — November 20, 2010 @ 1:48 pm

Woohoo! I can’t wait to see it!!

4. Comment by Liz Revit — November 22, 2010 @ 11:22 am

Congratulations, Tammy. I’m glad the gallery section turned out well, and I’m thrilled that you’ve chosen some of my jewelry for it. I recall all the work you put into that part of the book, and I’m glad to have been just one of the many designers who helped out.

I can’t wait to get a copy of the book.

5. Pingback by The Crafty Princess Diaries » Lots to Be Thankful For — November 25, 2010 @ 10:13 am

[…] Wilber on Crochet Granny Squares Hit Red CarpetLiz Revit on Another Step in the Jewelry Book ProcessEileen on Another Step in the Jewelry Book ProcessAndrew Thornton on Another Step in the Jewelry […]