Bead Soup Blog Party - The Reveal!

Blogged under Design Ideas, Jewelry Designing by Tammy on Saturday 17 September 2011 at 10:29 am

The party is over! I’m talking about Lori Andersen’s Bead Soup Blog Party, which I joined last month. My partner,  Shiraz from Secret Song Designs, send me this amazing stash of bead soup.

And I ended up making 4 pieces for the soup party, though I plan to make more pieces with the leftover supplies. First, I made two necklaces. For one, I took the carved rose bead and inserted wire through it and made it into a pendant. Then I used white ribbon to make it into a necklace. It is long enough to be worn with the other necklace I made using the sparkling beads and glass beads she sent me, which I finished off with a hook-style clasp.

The other two pieces I made are a pair of earrings and a bracelet. I combined wire with some of the beads in my soup to make the earrings and dangled some of the butterfly beads from each one. For the bracelet, I used the toggle clasp I was sent and a mix of the glass, seed beads, Czech crystals, and more butterfly beads.

For a complete list of bead soup participants, head over to the Bead Soup Blog. Grab a cup of tea, sit back, and check out some amazing jewelry designs!

1. Comment by Terry — September 17, 2011 @ 10:53 am

nice job, little sister! not sure which are my fav! you always do such nice work!

2. Comment by Patty — September 17, 2011 @ 11:23 am

I can’t choose either. they are beautiful pieces. Your so talented. am always in awe… Patty

3. Comment by Jo Tinley — September 17, 2011 @ 12:17 pm

Lovely pieces! The rose is beautiful.

4. Comment by Shel — September 17, 2011 @ 12:21 pm

Lovely - simply lovely!!

5. Comment by Noemi — September 17, 2011 @ 12:44 pm

How cute are the necklaces. It goes so well with your blog’s name.
    At first sight I didn’t like the rose, but it does work with the white ribbon.
    The bracelet is also very nice. I love butterflies and bracelet, so it is definitely the winner for me.

6. Comment by christa murphy — September 17, 2011 @ 1:00 pm

Tammy, I just loved both the bracelet and the necklace. All of your pieces are just fabulous.

7. Comment by Fiona — September 17, 2011 @ 1:43 pm

Great makes. I am working my way up the bead soup list rather than down it. Seen some great things so far today. :o)

8. Comment by Jennifer — September 17, 2011 @ 2:03 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! I would happily wear any of these, so pretty!

9. Comment by silverniknats — September 17, 2011 @ 3:14 pm

Lovely necklaces they look really sweet together

10. Comment by patty — September 17, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

I would love to see the necklaces layered - very pretty!!!

11. Comment by Michelle Mach — September 17, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

Such soft, pretty colors! I love the idea of designing two necklaces that may be worn together or separately. Brilliant!

12. Comment by Shiraz — September 17, 2011 @ 4:59 pm

All of these are fabulous! I love seeing what you’ve made with the pieces I sent you. I had no idea what kind of thing you would come up with when I put the bead soup together and you’ve done an amazing job. The bracelet is my favorite!

13. Comment by emanda — September 17, 2011 @ 6:45 pm

How lovely! We’re all being pushed outside our comfort zones — with amazing results!

Enjoy the hop,
    Emanda

14. Comment by Suzette — September 17, 2011 @ 6:56 pm

Very pretty! Have a great night!

15. Comment by Linda Landig — September 17, 2011 @ 8:17 pm

I love it that you can wear the necklaces separately or together. Nice!

16. Comment by Mallory — September 17, 2011 @ 9:30 pm

I love what you did with your soup! You’re a good cook!

17. Comment by Christine Altmiller — September 17, 2011 @ 10:32 pm

these are so very pretty and feminine. lovely!

18. Comment by lissc — September 17, 2011 @ 11:23 pm

beautiful soup you received! Fun solutions to the challenge :) Delicate, sweet, girly pieces. Very pretty!!

19. Comment by Terri G. — September 18, 2011 @ 6:20 am

Lovely pieces. I could see my self wearing the earrings and bracelet. Lovely soft colors. You did a Fantastic job with the bead soup mix!

20. Comment by Sweet Freedom — September 18, 2011 @ 12:19 pm

Lovely work - I love the idea of wearing the first 2 necklaces together!

21. Comment by Ann Sherwood — September 18, 2011 @ 12:33 pm

Very pretty and feminine. The 2 necklaces together will look so nice.

22. Comment by Regina — September 18, 2011 @ 2:05 pm

So pretty, love your designs, so feminine and lovely! Love the butterfly bracelet and earrings.

23. Comment by Lori Anderson — September 18, 2011 @ 7:27 pm

So pretty and delicate! I love it all!

I hope you’ll join me for the next party! The badge and dates are up on my blog!

Love, Lori

24. Comment by Polly Barker — September 18, 2011 @ 8:19 pm

Very sweet!

25. Comment by Mylene Hillam — September 18, 2011 @ 8:49 pm

What delicate pieces. The first two would look great worn together.

26. Comment by Sandra — September 19, 2011 @ 12:49 am

Very nice, so cute and romantic looking. <3

27. Comment by salla — September 19, 2011 @ 11:40 am

is it wrong that I adore the little metal containers some of your beads came in?

Love the pieces you made as well, but the containers now facinate me…

28. Comment by Shirley Moore — September 19, 2011 @ 11:47 am

Very soft and feminine! Love the ribbon on the necklace. :)

29. Comment by Tamara — September 19, 2011 @ 12:45 pm

pretty pieces, love how soft they look

30. Comment by Beadaholique — September 19, 2011 @ 3:48 pm

So soft and pretty. Nice job!

Julie & Andrea

31. Comment by Terry — September 19, 2011 @ 7:09 pm

All of the pieces are so pretty. I like the way the two necklaces can work together.

32. Comment by Sandi — September 19, 2011 @ 7:25 pm

Pretty designs, I love blue and white

33. Comment by Kay — September 19, 2011 @ 8:14 pm

The bracelet and earrings really turned out sweet. But the carved rose pendant and the beaded necklace to wear it with are beautiful. Very dainty and feminine. I love the rose being on the ribbon and then the beaded necklace to wear with it.

34. Comment by Bobbie Rafferty — September 19, 2011 @ 9:28 pm

What a fun assortment of pieces you cooked up! Lovely, lovely, lovely!

35. Comment by maggie — September 20, 2011 @ 2:15 pm

I think your two necklaces would look really pretty worn together. They are pretty on their own of course, but at the moment I am loving mixed layers and multi-strands worn at the same time.

36. Comment by Molly Alexander — September 20, 2011 @ 4:46 pm

Such lovely, feminine pieces - great job! :)

37. Comment by Wendy — September 20, 2011 @ 5:46 pm

Very pretty! Love the soft, light colors!

38. Comment by CraftyHope — September 20, 2011 @ 11:29 pm

So dainty and feminine! I really like the bracelet and earring set. Very pretty!

39. Comment by Sandy Richardson — September 21, 2011 @ 10:00 am

I am so sorry I am so late , but my computer dug in it’s heels and said I’m nota-gonna go that fast:^)
    Your designs are nothing short of amazing.
    Be blessed to be a blessing

40. Comment by Tracy — September 22, 2011 @ 12:31 am

Such pretty designs, nice work.

41. Comment by Melissa Muir — September 26, 2011 @ 1:35 pm

Tammy,

You did a wonderful job. I love that you hung the flower pendant from ribbon. It makes it so feminine. The colors you had to work with are yummy as well. I like Maggie’s suggestion of pairing the two necklaces together also. They would look great together.

Melissa

42. Comment by Michell — September 27, 2011 @ 9:09 am

sweet. Love the earrings (I’m on an earring kick lately!)
    Michelle

43. Comment by cory — September 28, 2011 @ 1:34 am

I am slowly working my way through the soup…very slowly. But I’m glad I got to yours. The pieces are lovely, very feminine and sweet.

44. Comment by Jennifer Cameron — September 28, 2011 @ 12:21 pm

Lovely “soft” pieces. Great job!

45. Comment by Karyn B — September 28, 2011 @ 9:40 pm

What delicate colors you were given, and how feminine and pretty the pieces are!

46. Comment by Allison Scott — October 1, 2011 @ 10:09 am

Wow! Such gorgeous soup and pieces you made with it. Hard to pick a favorite.

47. Pingback by The Crafty Princess Diaries » Next Bead Soup Blog Party — October 3, 2011 @ 5:12 am

[...] Scott on Bead Soup Blog Party - The Reveal!Marci on Free Crochet Wash Cloth TutorialKaryn B on Bead Soup Blog Party - The Reveal!Jennifer [...]

48. Comment by Chic and frog — October 5, 2011 @ 1:06 am

It seems that the two necklace are made to be worn together. I would do that!
    Ambra

49. Comment by Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp — October 6, 2011 @ 3:34 pm

Simple and elegant!

50. Pingback by The Crafty Princess Diaries » Attempting a Swap — February 19, 2013 @ 5:55 am

[...] all swaps are for finished objects, and I have had better luck with those such as Lori Andersen’s Bead Soup Blog Party. Now some of this could be because Lori has very specific parameters for her soup parties. The [...]