Ceramic and Crystal Owl Necklace

Blogged under Jewelry Designing by Tammy on Sunday 30 March 2014 at 12:52 pm

I have been plotting this necklace design for some time and finally managed to get a little time to play with my beads and “get er done!” Yeah, now I can wear and enjoy it.

The ceramic owl pendant is from Blu Mudd, and I already had the other supplies in my stash: rondelle shaped topaz colored crystals; green glass Japanese seed beads; and copper spacer beads. I strung this on .014 beading wire and finished it off with copper crimp beads. I added a few inches of chain on the end so that I can change length from 16 to 18 or so inches. If you are ever not sure how long you want your finished necklace to be, the addition of a few inches of chain to one end is a good option so that you can change the length depending on the top you are wearing. Plus, of course, I made some simple earrings to create a set.

1. Comment by Amy — March 31, 2014 @ 2:10 am

Hi Tammy! Just dropping in to say “hello” and see what’s new with you. I just friended you on Ravelry, which I have been meaning to do for awhile now. Sorry it took me so long to look you up. I am so glad to see you’re still making jewelry and posting inspiration online.

2. Comment by Tammy — March 31, 2014 @ 7:37 am

Hi Amy – Thanks for stopping by 🙂

3. Comment by Eileen — April 4, 2014 @ 11:15 am

It;s lovely, Tammy. And I really like the idea of (almost) always incuding an extender chain. I need to write myself a note.

4. Comment by Cyndi L — April 5, 2014 @ 5:12 pm

That owl is da bomb! Nice simple design to go with and show it off 🙂

5. Comment by Carol Langston — April 6, 2014 @ 9:46 am

Hi Tammy, Just wanted to say hello. You are missed at the jewelry forum, but I keep up with your activities!!!

6. Comment by Tammy — April 6, 2014 @ 9:56 am

Thanks Carol. I miss you guys too, though many of you I keep in contact with over on Facebook. For obvious reasons, I won’t be returning to that forum 🙂