Amigurumi 1st Attempt

Blogged under Fiber Fun,Free Craft Projects,Projects in Progress by Tammy on Friday 19 June 2009 at 12:51 pm

Okay, I have a number of issues going on with my first attempt at amigurumi, but I still had to show off him off. Even with all his flaws – which I won’t bother to point out to you – he is pretty dog gon’ cute!

I’m working on my second attempt at him, and I think I’ve got enough yarn to make maybe two more, so I’m not giving up yet. These guys work up so quickly, even those new to crochet will be amazed. If you haven’t dipped your toe into the amigrumi pool, now is the time! Seriously! I got this free pattern from the Lion Brand Yarn site, and they have a ton more. I’ll just warn you that making these is kind of like eating potato chips!

1. Comment by Margaret — June 19, 2009 @ 4:44 pm

I’ve only made three so far and it looks like to me that you’ve done a very good job for your first amigurumi.

2. Comment by Tammy — June 19, 2009 @ 5:20 pm

Thanks he’s actually inside out! He turned when I was making him and I didn’t realize there’s a front and back to these guys! I made another today, and he looks much better. Thanks for the compliment! These are so fun to make.

3. Comment by Debi R. — June 19, 2009 @ 6:58 pm

Don’t show Miss Piggy, she’ll be in love! He looks like a barrel cactus and is adorabibble!

4. Comment by Jan — June 19, 2009 @ 7:58 pm

Great job on your first amigurumi! I made all of mine inside out for many months (even on my YouTube videos, demonstrating how to make them!), not knowing the difference. Now I use whichever side that suits my fancy as I go along. Sometimes it’s the flatter “wrong side” and sometimes it’s the bumpy “right side.”

Addictive, innit?!

~Jan

5. Comment by Jenny — June 20, 2009 @ 5:22 am

Amis are super fun and it looks like you are off to a great start 🙂 Great job.

6. Comment by Nancy in South Texas — June 20, 2009 @ 10:31 am

Just remember, there are no mistakes, only happy accidents. Who cares if he is inside out, he is cute as can be!!!!!!!!!

Nancy in South Texas

7. Comment by Tammy — June 20, 2009 @ 5:02 pm

Thank you, everyone for the compliments on my first amigurumi!

8. Comment by Renee — June 21, 2009 @ 11:30 am

That is so adorable!

9. Pingback by The Crafty Princess Diaries » Copper Wire & Lampwork Bead Stitch Markers for Yarn Crafting — June 24, 2009 @ 1:19 pm

[…] me to use one because I could usually figure out where I was by counting the rows. Now that I have discovered amigurumi, though, I’ve learned I really, really need to use stitch markers since this technique […]