Duckie Afgah Finished

Blogged under Charity Crafting,Finished Projects by Tammy on Thursday 27 January 2011 at 7:25 am

My V-stitch afghan is finished! It ended up being 28 x 29 inches. The pattern has the size at 28×30, so I probably messed up on the gauge some where. I’m not a swatcher, especially when it comes to something that doesn’t have to fit anyone perfectly. If I make more of these, though, I will try to make it more closer to 30×30. The original pattern called for cotton-ease and a K hook, and I used a K hook and Vanna’s Choice Baby. Both yarns are 4-ply.

This is definitely a good beginning level project because you basically just need to chain, single crochet, and double crochet. The picot stitch around the afghan also looks really nice. This took less than 2 skeins (3.50 oz or 170 yards), and since I got them on sale for $2.50 each, the cost works out to be less than $5. I’m putting this away to give to Healthy Start in a few months.

No Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment