Preemie Baby Blanket Finished

Blogged under Charity Crafting,Fiber Fun,Finished Projects by Tammy on Thursday 17 September 2009 at 5:47 pm

I finished the preemie baby blanket I blogged about recently, and I’m about half way through making a second one. The final size turned out to be about 20 inches, which includes a few inches of yellow trim around the variegated yarn. I used double crochet all the way, including the trim.

I have to laugh now when I think about how I wasn’t sure if I’d  have enough yarn for making this. It actually just took one 4oz skein! I’m so used to making larger baby blankets, that I didn’t really get that preemie blankets are way smaller, duh, because the babies are way smaller. Obviously, I have plenty of yarn to make at least another one, maybe even two more.

1. Comment by Linda Augsburg — September 19, 2009 @ 10:01 am

It looks great! Thanks for the inspiration. I’ve got a ton of variegated baby yarn that I’ve been meaning to work up–a gauge swatch several years ago made me think I needed something like 17 skeins. Surely I was wrong. And now I’ve got so much yarn to work with–this seems like a solution!

2. Comment by Eileen — September 20, 2009 @ 8:42 am

That’s so sweet! It came out really cute.

3. Comment by Tammy — September 20, 2009 @ 9:48 am

Linda, well you might have enough yarn to make 17 of these little blankets! My 4 oz skein was 228 yards. I used a large crochet hook too, I think a K, and just double crocheted the whole thing.

Thanks, for the compliment too Eileen.

4. Comment by Ginny — September 23, 2009 @ 2:58 pm

Hi Tammy,

It’s a wonderful, unselfish thing that you do. May God bless you.

Ginny

5. Comment by Carol Sherman — September 24, 2009 @ 6:53 am

Nice job. I like the varigated yarns.

6. Pingback by The Crafty Princess Diaries » Baby Blankets Ready to Go — September 28, 2009 @ 6:51 am

[…] on Crochet Granny Squares Hit Red CarpetCarol Sherman on Preemie Baby Blanket FinishedGinny on Preemie Baby Blanket FinishedMargot on Dream of Being an Artist or Arteest?Twitter […]